Wednesday, October 10, 2012

1 Samuel 17:32-51 - David the Underdog

God used David to take down Goliath so that Israel could be humbled and their faith strengthened. If their army had won the battle, that would have been a victory but the army could claim the credit. With David and his humility giving God full credit for his victory, there is no way to doubt that God had control. It also proved to the Philistines that Israel's God was powerful.

In everything that I do and everything that happens to me, I am seeking God's purpose. I try to use my good judgement and make the right decisions but I am human and sometimes (often) my choices are flawed. But it is apparent to me that God is powerful because he takes my stupid choices and turns them into an opportunity. Even though I am imperfect in many, many ways, I am still trying to be an instrument of God's will.

I have several battles going on right now. One is for my personal boundaries. Another is for my family. Another is to keep my cool in this time of heated political differences. Yet another is to overcome the fear of harm for my husband. Fortunately I have all these other battles to distract me from this last one -most of the time!

Lord, fight these battles with me. Help me calm down and stop feeling so angry and afraid. Soothe me when I feel flustered. Help me know the right way to respond to everything I come up against. Amen.

Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment