Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Praising God for his blessings

My personality can be reserved, sometimes perceived as cold. This affects my praise of God by understating it. I can be very happy and overjoyed without seeming like it, and I can be appreciative and thankful without making a big show out of it. Unless I feel completely comfortable being open, I can be really shy, especially in large groups of people.

During worship, I'm more inwardly focused. That's the introverted part of me. I don't go to church and worship with others that often so its not something I experience that much. But when I do go, I try to involve myself by singing the hymns and reading the prayers and thinking about the scriptures, enjoying the rituals. Its not so much about watching others worship and judging them. I really feel like that's none of my business. I think a good balance in worship is to genuinely be yourself and come to worship and nurture your spirit. God created us as we are and created us each to worship him in our own way, and God will judge, so I don't need to. At the same time I don't feel like its necessary to make a big show out of worshipping, but that's my personal preference. I'm more secretive about things like that. I usually enjoy when someone is exuberant about praising God, so long as they sound sincere. Sometimes I feel like people use prayer as a way of showing off or gaining popularity, and that annoys me.

Some recent blessings God has given me are...


  • 3&1/2 months of not smoking! 
  • Signs of hope and happiness within my family! 
  • Financial stability.
  • The time to focus on taking care of myself and my family. 
  • A happy marriage with hope for the future. 
  • A loving husband who appreciates me. 
  • An adorable dog and cat. 
  • A glimpse of what  my career might be, and the motivation to pursue that. 
  • A loving and supportive extended family. 
  • Good health, energy, limitless opportunities! 


Too many to name, in all seriousness. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for giving me so many good things in my life, that I can't even begin to talk about all of them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment