Saturday, October 6, 2012

1 Samuel 3 & Listening for God

1 Samuel 3



I have a lot of doubts and insecurities, and my mind is always busy thinking. Because of this, I often don't know what to do or feel. I am an over-thinker. But I'm getting better at listening to my feelings. Stopping smoking has really opened me up to this.

It is extremely hard for me to be still most of the time. I'm always moving, jiggling my leg, biting my fingernails. I have a lot of anxious habits. Its easiest for me when I'm in relaxing poses doing yoga, such as lying facedown on the floor or in Child pose. I could stay in these poses for a long time and I feel tired, lazy, and peaceful. My brain is really able to relax and be still. This is the most helpful thing about doing yoga. I do not necessarily "hear" God - maybe that will come with time, or if I do it for longer periods of time - but I definitely feel peace.




Psalm 84

How lovely is your dwelling place,
O Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.

Even the sparrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young-
a place near your altar,
O Lord Almighty, my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
they are ever praising you.

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baca,
they make it a place of springs;
the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
They go from strength to strength,
till each appears before God in Zion.

Hear my prayer, O Lord God Almighty;
listen to me, O God of Jacob.
Look upon our shield, O God;
look with favor on your anointed one.

Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.

O Lord Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment